Monday, August 10, 2009

Health Care of the Future

All throughout this semester I've been discussing the nation's health care reform. A principal issue of the debate that is a key factor in garnering support for the reform is a financial proposition that sufficiently and responsibly maintains the federal budget as well as the monetary interests of the citizens. From my experiences in other nations with a universal health care system, I can say that, in comparison, the medical facilities and services were on par with the U.S., and the money saved is definitely a plus. I understand that my experience alone only serves to speak for those with a similar socioeconomic background as myself, as the experience would be different for those part of a different demographic. With this in mind, I still believe that the health care reform is still something that can only serve to benefit America, that is, if it is implemented correctly.

I've mentioned this in an earlier post of mine, and I'll reiterate it here. I believe it is possible to satisfy both sides of the health care reform debate, that is, extend health care to more Americans and still maintain a sound fiscal policy to fund its implementation. I think the key to this is in-depth, careful analyses of the proposed methods of funding the reform. As stated in a previous post, the proposal to reward regions utilizing a more efficient health care system has been challenged. On the surface, many proposals seem ideal; yet, under more careful observation, we see that not only may these proposals fail, but that there are solutions to them. Ideas need to be heard, ideas need to be challenged and solutions need to be implemented. I look forward to what the U.S. has to offer in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment